Seat Belts

Technical and Repair Discussions
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:19 pm
I need new seat belts.

The expired belts are Schroth w/ Hans 2" shoulders and pull-down style 3" lap belts. I like the 2" shoulder belts, but I don't like the pull-down style lap belts. With my Butler seat it is impossible to tighten the lap belts once I'm in the seat.

Do any of you use the pull-up style lap belts with the Butler seat? Any problems with this set-up?

Thanks

Pat Stringer

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:39 pm
I use to have the the pull-down Schroth with our Butler seat and didn't like them. When I had to replace them I got the Schroth with the pull up and wouldn't go back.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:08 pm
I have the Schroth belts with pull up lap as you described Pat. They work with the Butler, but not easy to do by yourself since they are still difficult to grab; however, not impossible like the pull down. Maybe easier for you skinny guys. I tend to set them at the beginning of each day.

Joe
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032406508
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:14 pm
I have the Hybrid 2 HANS version, which works fine with he Butler seat. I really like them. No problem with the pull up laps, but I'm one of the skinny guys Joe mentioned.
Les Kurz
NER SRF #31
Chassis #008 (GEN2)
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm
I was concerned that the seat might interfere with the pull-up style belts.

Since it sounds like that isn't an issue, I'll give them a try and see if it is an improvement.

Thanks guys,

Pat
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:47 pm
I switched from Schroth (which I loved) to Crow Enterprizes which I now also love. They are significantly less than the Schroths (maybe $150 less?) plus you can have them re-webbed and save a ton of money.
I swore I'd always have Schroths going forward but I couldn't get them in time for Sebring so I went the Crow route on Tom Dalrymple's recommendation.
Score. They are great belts. Just make sure you order the right stuff and they will completely hook you up.
RacerX
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 pm
I concur with Denny. I use Crow Enterprises cam belts with shoulder harnesses sewed for my Hans. SFI certified and part no. 11103. Winner's Circle in Cleveland price is about $188.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 pm
You may want to consider switching to the Schroth 2" lap belts along with the hybrid 2/3 shoulder harness. They sit lower and tighter across the hip and I had sufficient length to be able to pull them down with a Butler seat (though I rarely need to adjust them). If you're the only driver you might consider just putting an adjuster on one side and have the other fixed. One less thing to loosen up.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions