Fuel Pump Issues Resolved - Wiring Issue

Technical and Repair Discussions
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am
I have recently had some fuel pump issues in the last 2 races. Running too lean at the top end at times and no fuel pressure when trying to start the car at times. I couldn't make it to grid the last race at TWS that I will every run :twisted: , since they are closing it down. Anyways, these problems were very intermittent, so it was very hard to find the source. One of my racing buddy's, Jeff Maynard, visited with all of his fun tools and we started diagnosing the problem. Using the wiring diagrams on the Mumm Brothers website, we located the wires to test and we found a large voltage drop between the Fuel Pump relay and master switch power. We further narrowed it down between the fusible links. We cleaned it up and re-installed the wires with new connectors and she is purring like a kitten now. I would like to thank Jeff Maynard for his excellent diagnostic skills and Mumm brothers for providing good wiring diagrams. I love this group!
Joe Frederick
Texas Region
SRF#65 Chassis#294
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:41 pm
Those fusible links can be replaced with fuses.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions