Technical and Repair Discussions
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:07 pm
We have a car with a Tracdash and are having problem with the touch screen not working, does anybody have experience with them?
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:14 pm
Yes. Mine did that. Glenn fixed mine at the track with a quick fix. I think it was an issue with the screen gasket. Also, sometimes strange things happen if you have too many files on the memory card. It's good to regularly purge unnecessary files.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:00 am
Mine has always worked great. I love it. That said, call Glenn and he'll get things straightened out.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:32 pm
I got it working. Apparently, the back of the case was getting torqued a little because of the way it was mounted.
The Traqmate came with a car we imported over the winter. I am still figuring it out, but kind of like it, it is a different concept than the AiM dashes we've been running.
Thanks!
Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:46 pm
Dave: If you use on your Spec Racer, best utilized when mounted within easy reach on your steering wheel to manipulate the interface, etc. Use Scotch Dual-Lock. Also, for easier viewing in bright sun, shroud it. I cut a piece out of a flexible Mylar loose leaf report cover and formed it into a "bill" that extends out about 3 inches from the screen glass where it throws great shade.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:01 pm
Thanks, Bob! I was wondering about all of that. This is a customer car for a new driver. He has just been watching the shift lights, partially because the screen started out switching on it's own, then after I "fixed" it, we couldn't get it to change at all. Now that we have it working properly and all the defaults set, we can figure out if he can see it.
Right now, the dash is back towards the steering wheel and out from under the cowling. I was expecting to have to move it forward so it was all the way under, and hoping I wouldn't have to make a shade. But it sounds like we should just go ahead and try your approach.
John Black has a new color AiM dash, and seems to like it a lot, and didn't have any kind of shade the last time I saw it.
BTW, the car still has functioning oil pressure and coolant temp gauges, he wasn't driving "blind".
Dave
Dave Harriman

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions