Fuel relay

Technical and Repair Discussions
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 pm
steve kramer wrote:somehow my first reply is now missing...
Bob Chapman (used to race with us) is a Ford dealer and has (?) a parts list, call to order:
http://specracerdirect.com/
not sure if he is still selling the stuff.
I put the part number in Rockauto search, and they had them for $5!
Ed, yes, it is a Ford part, just like an oil filter.

Steve,

I know I'm getting nit-picky, but the part on Rock Auto for $5 is listed as being made by "Standard Motor Products, Inc", not Ford or Motorcraft. Given that, I'm not sure that your oil filter analogy applies. When I pick-up an oil filter at Autozone, it's a Motorcraft just like the GCR requires.

Regardless, thanks for the parts list, it just went on my flash drive for future reference.

Ed

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 pm
Pat,

I get all of my SRF Ford parts through Chapman's spec ford website. The prices are notably better than any of the local Ford dealers are willing to offer and the service is prompt. Gotta pay for shipping but no sales tax. Probably two days ground shipping to you.

Michael Hausknecht (NE #60)

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:41 am
Pat, I had problems with the car not starting especially restarting for several weekends last year. Troubleshooting everything under the sun, even swapped out the ECU. Anyhow, I had Shawn look at it, after a couple more session Shawn changed out the NAPA relay with on older Motorcraft relay and no more problems..... Shawn's diagnosis, "NAPA crappa".
Kevin Treffeisen

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 am
Ed Cavalier wrote:
steve kramer wrote:somehow my first reply is now missing...
Bob Chapman (used to race with us) is a Ford dealer and has (?) a parts list, call to order:
http://specracerdirect.com/
not sure if he is still selling the stuff.
I put the part number in Rockauto search, and they had them for $5!
Ed, yes, it is a Ford part, just like an oil filter.

Steve,

I know I'm getting nit-picky, but the part on Rock Auto for $5 is listed as being made by "Standard Motor Products, Inc", not Ford or Motorcraft. Given that, I'm not sure that your oil filter analogy applies. When I pick-up an oil filter at Autozone, it's a Motorcraft just like the GCR requires.

Regardless, thanks for the parts list, it just went on my flash drive for future reference.

Ed

Ed: Don't turn me in to the police! Technically, you're right. Practically, you can take the cover off the Ford part and put it on the NAPA if you think it's an issue! I don't think FP relays have much performance advantage, but what do I know.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm
There is (was...) a NAPA part number cross for both the relays...think I have the number written down in my SRF notebook...will look tonite.
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions