Traqmate - No More

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:04 pm
I just found out that Traqmate is no longer making hardware. Anyone have thoughts on what you would use in a new build for a dash and data?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:19 pm
I've been very happy with my AIM MXL2. It's not as inexpensive as a bare-bones traqmate, but it has a lot of functionality for the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:28 pm
Having been a dealer for Traqmate for more than a decade, I am disappointed, but not surprised. I now sell more than a quarter million dollars of AiM, MoTeC and VBOX Video each year because they fell behind...

There are other options for the SRF Gen3 that I think are a more dependable, reliable and accurate solution than the TraqDash, in any case.

I would recommend the AiM MXL2 (black and white) or MXS (color) display/loggers. I used to recommend the separate small EVO4 logger with the miniature G-Dash, but those are being replaced with a new generation of equipment. There is good service on the West Coast from David and Ellen Ferguson and I offer support in the East.

All in one units that connect to the ECU and get most if not all the engine health measures, have great shift lights, programmable alarms that work better than the TD and of course, offers lap times, lap count, predictive and +/- differential from best lap in the session, useful for instant feedback whether or not something works.

I can send a link of what it looks like onboard with their HD camera, he SmartyCam, which is a small computer and writes the data to the video real-time, so you pull the card and play the video.

The learning curve for the software is steeper, but to speed things along, I send the equipment pre-configured, loaded with the tracks you'll go to and guide you through the use of the equipment.

It's well made and a LOT more durable than the TD/sensor unit combo from Traqmate.

I was a CDS dealer, for a short time... A powerful system, but another that fell behind.

Best, Peter
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am
turnnpoint wrote:I just found out that Traqmate is no longer making hardware. Anyone have thoughts on what you would use in a new build for a dash and data?

Wow - I am surprised by that announcement.

A lot of us use the Traqdash, and Glenn has always given me great support. So, I'm disappointed.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:15 pm
Same here. I love my TraqDash for its ease of use, value and support. That's really a shame. Glenn is a great guy and I hate to see that happen.
Last edited by Bob Devol on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:09 pm
I'll 2nd or 3rd that. I've owned several different data systems over the years and my Traqmate is the first that is reliable and actually gives me what I need. Support has always been great.

Really not looking forward to investing in yet another data system. Think I'll stay with this one until something stops working.

Just curious, how often does anyone share data?

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions