tools?

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm
dave wrote:A jack with low clearance and some stands about 6" high (enough to keep the tires off the ground).

What type of jack? Pegasus states their lift is not for SRF due to weight...
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 pm
I've got one of these that works great http://www.quickjacks.com/jacks.html

I use (4) 1 foot long 2X4 sections nailed together for my jack stands. They're inexpensive and easy on asphalt.
Last edited by kurtbob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:24 pm
Demon Tweeks offer a pretty good range of jacks. We had to modify the one I bought sacrificing a bit of lift height for reduced lift effort. You can take a look at it at VIR in May.

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/jacks-chassis-stands

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:48 am
All good advice, but tools can be misplaced, borrowed, lost, stolen and even broken. Back up all those tools with a complete set of "Franklin" wrenches. They work for every mechanical problem you can encounter, and they fit every application. See your CSR before using them indiscriminately.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:29 pm
We use 6x6 block of wood which I attached rope loops to hold the off the ground. One on each in the front, make sure you are placing them under the frame in the front.In the shop we use jack stands and a rectangular aluminum box tubing . We can adjust the height .
I was able to use the old box tubular setup bars by simply moving the right rear frame bracket to clear the header on gen3. We currently use fishing line for measuring alignment. I like to use a good pair of rulers with metric as well as inch. A pair of alignment plates from summit & Pegasus are good for trackside changes.
Yes duct tape, we have standard, gaffers and gorilla type duct tapes.lots of zip ties.
What we did was to wrap a small piece of tape the the wrenches we use to check each corners bolts.( just grab the ones)
Lots of various lubricants .
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions