How to: Install a fiberglass seat

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 pm
I got the fiberglass seat in the car (with much difficulty) after removing the butler seat that was previously in the car.

Now I'm stuck. None of the holes line up, I'm having trouble just getting the bracket in. Can I drill holes in the seat/bracket? If so, how big? What bolts do I use to secure the seat? Totally clueless, looking for some advice. Thank you

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:07 pm
Apology if you've already done this - the original build manual will at least get you started if you haven't already checked it. Look on pages 70, 87, and 96. If you can't find it let me know and I can send you the pdf. I've been told recently that the aluminum left side bracket has been made a little differently at times and usually requires some "massaging".

EDIT: We ("we" being a FT race mechanic that owned and supports SRFs + me) are installing the seat in a new kit build Wednesday. I can take pics and send you a link if you're still working on it.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 pm
turnnpoint wrote:Apology if you've already done this - the original build manual will at least get you started if you haven't already checked it. Look on pages 70, 87, and 96. If you can't find it let me know and I can send you the pdf. I've been told recently that the aluminum left side bracket has been made a little differently at times and usually requires some "massaging".

EDIT: We ("we" being a FT race mechanic that owned and supports SRFs + me) are installing the seat in a new kit build Wednesday. I can take pics and send you a link if you're still working on it.

I don't have a copy of the build manual, so it would be awesome if you could send me a pdf version, and I think some pics would be very useful. Thank you!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm
I PM'd you a link to dropbox folder with the manuals. You would think they would be easier to find online somewhere!

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions