Wheel spec's

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm
Does anyone know/have the detailed specs on the original four spoke alloy wheel? Bolt pattern,offset,etc? thanks----and by the way, is bolt pattern measured by using lug holes next to each other or across from each other (in a four bolt pattern is it the same measurement ----seems like I get different ways to measure when "googling"? thanks, Larry :?:

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 pm
I can get you most of that just from memory. The front is 5.5 wide 13" diameter. The rear is 7 wide 13" diameter. I recall the offset on both is very near zero but I am not sure of that. Both are 4 on 100mm bolt circle which for a 4 bolt wheel is measured from the center of the holes that are across from each other. You are measuring the diameter of the circle that falls through the center of all 4 holes.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 am
0 offset is correct per my measurements.

For reference, I had a set of custom steel wheels made up when I thought I was going to autocross the car more with the intent of fitting the widest possible wheel & tire. Those were 13x7 front with a +13 offset (which turned out be a little too much, I have to run a 3-6mm spacer) and 13x8 rear with a -13 offset. Work well with 22x8-13 slicks, and 22x9-13's will definately fit on the rear but are iffy up front.
Bruce Funderburg
SEDiv SRF #4

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm
BFun wrote:0 offset is correct per my measurements.

For reference, I had a set of custom steel wheels made up when I thought I was going to autocross the car more with the intent of fitting the widest possible wheel & tire. Those were 13x7 front with a +13 offset (which turned out be a little too much, I have to run a 3-6mm spacer) and 13x8 rear with a -13 offset. Work well with 22x8-13 slicks, and 22x9-13's will definately fit on the rear but are iffy up front.

Pics, please.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 am
Thanks for responses---trying to find alternate wheels with the same dimensions as the original alloy---appreciate the help---Larry

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Another very important thing to consider when doing this is caliper clearance. When I created the SRT for Aspen it could only use the Weld and the Shelby but neither of the steel and not the new spoke design since my Toyota caliper used more space inside the wheel.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm
Hal B. wrote:Pics, please.

I'll try to throw them on & get pictures this weekend. Last weekend I noticed that my rear fenders seemed to be wider than most, so your milage may vary. One car in particular had the rear fenders almost flush with the spec wheel & tire, while mine are a good 1.5 - 2" inboard of the edge of the fenders.
Bruce Funderburg
SEDiv SRF #4
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm
BFun wrote:
Hal B. wrote:Pics, please.

.. my rear fenders seemed to be wider than most, so your milage may vary. One car in particular had the rear fenders almost flush with the spec wheel & tire, while mine are a good 1.5 - 2" inboard of the edge of the fenders.

That seems unlikely. The whole car would have to be wider, wouldn't it? Seems more likely that a variance would be due to wheel / tire width or offset, which raises other questions... :roll:

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions