position of center seat mount tube?

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 am
Hi
I'm replacing my floor pan on #206 chassis and found that the one inch square tube under the center of the seat (one of the seat mount tubes) is not welded flush to the bottom plane of the frame. It is about 0.25" higher. In order to rivet the floor pan to this tube I will need to push the floor up in a bulge under the seat area. There are about three rivet holes in the tube but no rivets.
Doesn't seem right.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 am
It's right. The tube is raised because that where the belts attach. The space is there so you can wrap the belts under the tube. Add spacers and rivet away
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am
That is correct. The tube is slightly higher to allow the Sub Belts to be wrapped around it for mounting. There used to be a couple of nylon washers that were spacers between the tube and floor that a long rivet through the center would stiffen the floor a bit in that area. A few regular washers or a type of spacer also works-

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 am
Thanks!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 am
MoDy wrote:That is correct. The tube is slightly higher to allow the Sub Belts to be wrapped around it for mounting. There used to be a couple of nylon washers that were spacers between the tube and floor that a long rivet through the center would stiffen the floor a bit in that area. A few regular washers or a type of spacer also works-

Curious about this washer bit. I am going to be putting a floor on my car soon too.
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions