Smarty cam help needed

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:58 am
I don't remember how to load the Smartycam data from Race studio onto the dash. Also I have two versions of the configuration, Smartycam HD01 and Smartycam GP HD 2.2 01. Which do I use and how do I get that data to the Smartycam
thanks for any help.
Elliott F.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:37 am
Last edited by JBPDXOR on Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:37 am
Eli. Go to Youtube and search for SmartCam install and use. However, Call AIM sports USA. 1-800-718-9090
SmartCam GP HD 2.2.01 is for the bullet camera. The small 1" camera.
To answer your question about "how do I use to get data to SmartCam". The SmartyCam is a stand long package. You will have to setup the various pages in the SmartyCam. Peter Krause has a You tube video on setting up. I found it to be very easy to follow.
You should have a cable to connect to your AIM logger { like MXL2 Dash or in our case EVO4S}
This cable powers the SmarrtyCam as well a sync with your logger.
We remove the SD card after each session and download to a laptop. Use 16 or 32 GB Class 10 from SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro. AIM does not recommend 128 + GB cards. We have several cards. I label each card and yes, I will leave the card in for several sessions until we have a break. A 16 GB card will hold a weekend and more of data.

Eli, I think I am correct in saying the SmartyCam is a slave to the AIM data logger, instead of the Data Logger sending data to the SmartyCam. After a session which you want to download the video from the SmartyCam. You will have to pull the SD card out. Then download to your laptop. I named a folder "AIM Video" to save the SmartyCam videos. What happens when you have transferred your Data Logger session to the laptop. AIM then syncs the SmartyCam video with the Data from the logger.

Once all of video and data are in AIM RS3. You just open RS3 and select that session. In center section you should see the "Movie" tab double or above click on the folder, to open for analysis with video.
To further help you, AIM and Matt Romanoski have placed a video to help expand your ways to use Video and data combined. Just go to AIM in YouTube. AIM has over 179 webinar videos to help expand your understanding RS3, as well as many many guest hosts explaining a wide variety of ways to use Data.
Oh, before I forget, James Colborn, has a wonderful sets of short videos explaining AIM and understanding the Squiggly Lines. Look in YouTube.

I believe I am correct but please call AIM and get your set up done correctly and watch Peter's video.

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions