Steering hub bolt circle

Technical and Repair Discussions

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:22 pm
Hi,
A fellow racer is running an original steering wheel. He's looking at Sparco and Momo ram's horn wheels to replace it. He asked me if the 6 bolt circle diameter is the same for the new wheel. I'm not anywhere near my car, does anyone know the answer?
Thanks,
Brian

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:11 pm
I bought a new Momo 27C (270 mm, cut top) steering wheel this summer... it comes un-drilled. I also bought a new upper steering shaft (280470A - the long one) and thought the PCD might be 2-5/16 on the hub face, but it's slightly larger. I asked Mike Davies if he had a drawing, or knew the exact size, and his reply was:
"Sorry, so far as I know we do not have a print for the mounting flange on the SRF steering shaft, but the same shop has been making them for 20 + years.
I measured a current shaft on the shelf, the steering wheel mounting bolt pattern is just a couple of thousandths off of 60MM …I would be willing to bet it was suppose to be 60MM on center.
If you would like a blank steering shaft, no mount holes the part number is 280470 - UPPER STEERING SHAFT NO HOLES CSR can order that for you."

I had a local guy machine the steering wheel holes to match the shaft; unfortunately I didn't save the notes we took during the set-up. Note also, this is all for a bolted-on wheel... quick release is a whole different ball game.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:12 pm
Thanks, Larry!
Brian

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions