New guy questions Cal Region

How To Get Started

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:22 am
Hey all. I'm new to the spec racer scene. I just bought car 670 and will probably keep the car in TX through the summer to race with friends Kevin Ferguson & John Waak and learn the ropes. I raced the majors race at Nola back in March with Kevin's spare.

I currently live in Scottsdale AZ but am in process of moving back to Orange County CA. I'm a member of the Cal region/SCCA. So what are the events in the Cal region? How do I get in the loop?

Thanks in advance, Corey
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm
Hi Corey,
Check out www.calclub.com. Current info is up on the site.
Also feel free to contact me at calclubjon (at) gmail.com. I am a board member and fellow SRF racer.
Welcome!
Cheers,
Jon
Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:54 pm
Love love love OC.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 pm
Hey Corey, congratulations a) on the purchase and b) on getting away from Fergy and Waak ;). Too bad I don't believe we had the chance to meet. It's a great group here in DFW but you are going to a much more track-rich environment, also with a great group of drivers and people.
Enjoy and I hope to catch up with you at the track sometime!
Denny

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:42 pm
Welcome to the group Corey! Glad you joined us. :)

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:49 pm
Thanks everyone for the welcome .

Jon I will definitely be sending you an email. I need to find out where the SoCal CSR is And what not. My dad lives in Torrance and his shop is in Gardena so we're really close by .

Enzo! Let me know when you're ready to move. I am a real estate broker so I can definitely help you out. Shameless plug! Lol!!

Denny, im sure we will see each other soon,looks like I ran into the right group of friends in Dallas.

RStephens, thanks again!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 pm
I've been ready just can't get the wife to make the move even though she loves it to. She is softening though after the past two winters here on the east coast.

Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm
Hi Corey-

Sorry I missed this thread from a few weeks back. MBI Racing is your So Cal CSR. The shop is actually located at Buttonwillow Raceway. Mark is the head boss man and his number is 661-three-four-five-8130

I actually work for Buttonwillow Raceway but I am also tied to MBI but that is a story for another day, hah! Feel free to email me anytime mike at buttonwillowraceway.com

Cheers and welcome to Cal Club, you will be racing with some of the best around!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:34 pm
MikeMiz11 wrote:Hi Corey-

Sorry I missed this thread from a few weeks back. MBI Racing is your So Cal CSR. The shop is actually located at Buttonwillow Raceway. Mark is the head boss man and his number is 661-three-four-five-8130

I actually work for Buttonwillow Raceway but I am also tied to MBI but that is a story for another day, hah! Feel free to email me anytime mike at buttonwillowraceway.com

Cheers and welcome to Cal Club, you will be racing with some of the best around!

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I maybe running the car in TX for a little longer than expected. We will see. So far I’m into some new gauges, new fuel cell with internal pump and just put a deposit on a Gen 3 package. Going to be a busy year. :D

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 pm
Corey, when you comin' racin' out here man? I'm having a blast out here bringing up the rear of the field and trying to stay out of Miz's way when he laps me.

Cheers,
Chris
Next

Return to How To Get Started