The Complete Butler Seat

Technical and Repair Discussions

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am
I had the car on the track for the first at Pueblo a few weeks ago for a test day. In turns 1, 5 and 6, in particular, I really liked how the leg extension held me in place. No bracing, no tensing up. The extensions were all a good addition to the car (to say nothing of the protection they afford).

DaveP

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:59 am
Do you have a picture of the seat in the car?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 pm
Here is an (old) picture of the seat in the car without the fabric covers on. I do not own the car anymore, but the seat is for sale by the new car owner in the advertising forum.

DaveP
Attachments
complete_seat_in1.JPG
complete_seat_in1.JPG (63.54 KiB) Viewed 31183 times

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm
I'm a bit confused.

Butlerbuild's website says: "Our SPEC RACER FORD Seat is available from SCCA only. Seat can be converted to full containment by adding a Sportsman Advantage Bolt-on Head and Shoulder Kit."

This kit is shown in the attachment. It is a much bigger component. The pictured items seem to be the individual items, and that is all that is shown in the SCCA parts list.

buttler built addons.jpg
buttler built addons.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 31177 times

A more significant, frame-mounted Butlerbuilt head restraint available?

bb head restraint.jpg
bb head restraint.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 31177 times

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:24 pm
The Butler restraint shown above is available, i have one on order with CSR.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 am
When I did my seat in 2013/2014, the parts shown is what they were selling. There is more (and better) options available now for the head restraint.

DaveP

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
95, 950
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am
in the picture from davep, I see three squares cut in bottom, the one in the center I recognize as the sub strap hole, what are the other two?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 am
Sorry for the long delay. Just saw this question.

The single hole was for a 5 point harness. The two back holes were cut to convert the seat to a six point harness with two sub-straps.

DaveP
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/kangamotorsports/
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 am
Finally got around to doing a write up on installing the ButlerBuilt Seat in the car, hopefully this help other racers. It shows a few of the features referenced in this thread including the 6 point mounts, step for HANS device and others.
Link: http://www.kangamotorsports.com/blog/bu ... at-install
James Chartres
SRF #82 - Chassis #501
http://www.kangamotorsports.com
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Accelracetek-285423508982
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:31 am
There can be an issue with a Butler seat with tall people. We had to remove a Butler because it did not pass tech. The driver sat up high and did not meet the roll bar to helmet clearance. We recommend sitting in a car with a Butler and make a measurement before you buy one and have to take it out. If you don't fit in the standard fiberglass seat you might want to consider a bead seat.

9.4.5. ROLL CAGES FOR FORMULA CARS AND SPORTS RACING CARS
2. All cars must have at least 2 roll over structures, but the use of titanium is prohibited.
The first roll over structure must be in front of the steering wheel, not more than 25cm forward of
the steering wheel rim, and at least as high as the top of the steering wheel rim.
The second roll over structure must not be less than 50cm behind the first. It must be high enough
for a line extending from the top of the front structure to the top of the rear structure to pass
over the driver’s helmet when he is seated normally in the car with his helmet on and the seat belt
fastened. This second structure behind the seat must be symmetrical about the lengthwise centerline of the car and comply with the following dimensions: The top of the roll bar must be at least
2 inches (5cm) above the driver’s helmet when the driver is seated in a normal driving position.

Bruce Richardson http://www.accelracetek.com
Attachments
Roll Bar Dims.jpg
Figure 10.
Roll Bar Dims.jpg (43.55 KiB) Viewed 26684 times
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions