Gen3 First Start -- no charge from alternator

Technical and Repair Discussions
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:13 am
cblough wrote:Thread update for future forum searchers.

The alternator kicked on right at 3000 RPM. Now I know.

I am almost certain that I didn't install the intake manifold correctly, based on your description. I assumed the blue material and plate we're just there for shipping. I hope that I kept them, but I assume I can get a replacement from Enterprises if I stupidly threw them away.

I thought the only gasket was the orange ring gaskets arounderstanding each chamber.

This unusual gasket stack is so that the GEN2 throttle body can be used with the new manifold. The blue gasket actually acts as a block-off to a now unused air passage in the throttle body. The metal plate creates an evenly distributed rigid seal between the o-ring and the paper gasket/throttle body surface.

The GEN3 kit instructions are years overdue on a update for this (including it, actually). This problem has happened to more than a few of us. Ask me how I know... ;)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 am
When I put my engine back in over last weekend, I had to look up your earlier post Bob :-) Gotta love the "helping hand" attitude of this community!!!
Dan

Formerly Teamwork Motorsports #99, Chassis #460
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:00 pm
If the alternator light is not connected or working, then the alternator will definitely not energize until it gets above 3,000.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions