Need Panel - Driver Left Side of Seat

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am
Hi All - I'm trying to get a new build finished up and I'm missing one last part that SCCA-E says they won't have for a while. This is the metal panel that attaches to the left side of the seat - like the counterpart to the shifter linkage tunnel on driver's right. Anyone have one or know where I might find one?

TIA for any help! And good luck to all the guys at VIR this weekend!

Allen Massey

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 pm
It's just a piece of aluminum sheet with 90 degree bends and a cutout for the left side harness. You might be able to get measurements from a CSR.
(PS: Even if it's a "spec" part, like the dash panel, I wouldn't lose sleep worrying about being DQed for it.)

turnnpoint wrote:Hi All - I'm trying to get a new build finished up and I'm missing one last part that SCCA-E says they won't have for a while. This is the metal panel that attaches to the left side of the seat - like the counterpart to the shifter linkage tunnel on driver's right. Anyone have one or know where I might find one?

TIA for any help! And good luck to all the guys at VIR this weekend!

Allen Massey

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:31 pm
Thanks - yes plan B is to find metal that is about the correct thickness, cut it, make the cut out, and shape it. Plan A is to spend a moment posting a message on this site and hope someone (like maybe a CSR somewhere) sees it that has one laying around somewhere.

Incidentally - here is what SCCA-E sent me:
"The side seat panel is being made by our 4th vendor currently. We should have that within the next two weeks. Nobody has been able to make them correctly as of yet."

Go figure.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Accelracetek-285423508982
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am
If you still need a left seat part I have a used one. I will sell/lend you if you are interested. You can either buy it and keep it or I can lend it to you and when the new one comes in I can ship it to you and you can send the used one back. You would need to pick up all of the freight. If interested please feel free to call me, I am the CSR in the San Francisco region. Bruce at AccelRaceTek and the phone is (669) 232-4844

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 pm
Ordered from Bruce today! Thanks for the help and responses!

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions