Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
753, 674
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/LindellMotorsports
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:46 pm
Hello,

We are currently 95% complete with a Gen2 to Gen3 upgrade. The car has a CDS Co Pilot 2 with steering sensor and would like to use this system in the new Gen3. We have been unable to reach anyone at CDS for past couple months by phone or e-mail with ZERO response. It is our belief that we need to send the unit back to CDS for a firmware upgrade to use the CAN bus in the new Gen3 to make this work. Does anyone have any way up upgrading the CDS system without sending back? Are they still in business or is our best bet to just move to an Aim MXL system like our other cars or manually set up the CDS as if it were in the Gen2. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Lindell Motorsports
South St. Paul, MN
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm
In late 2015, I had to send mine back to have it reprogrammed to use the CAN data. Are you trying to reach CDS at their "new" number: 205-948-7317? (I haven't tried to reach them since 5/2016.)
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:48 pm
Unfortunately the new owners of CDS have been non responsive to everyone. I’ve tried since August to contact Marshall and have had no luck.

If you have the option I would look at another data system. If you need a CDS system that works with the G3 I have one off of my car.

I’ve run CDS for over 15 years so this is a real bummer to me. But the lack of supper or any response is causing many to move away if you have the option. Again, if your system is working then nothing to fear yet... They are good systems.
Tray
SRF3 7 - Atlanta Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 pm
I have the same problem. I’ve been trying to reach Marshall since November about repairing or replacing the steering pot from my CDS, but he hasn’t responded to a single message. Anyone know what’s going on? Are we going to be able to get CDS parts and services going forward?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am
Contact veracity racing data. Very knowledgeable with all systems. They have ads in sportscar
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm
After months of frustration trying to get mine to work and the inability to reaching someone we finally broke down and bought a different system.

Doesn't appear that CDS is a functioning entity at this point ... though just my opinion.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm
Lee Spuhler wrote:Contact veracity racing data. Very knowledgeable with all systems. They have ads in sportscar

We get all our stuff from Veracity, they really know the systems, charge the same as the stores, and give most excellent support.

Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 pm
I have a 20 channel CDS system with brake sensors, steering sensor and Copilot2 I am selling.

have not had issues and would sell the small lap top computer with it so you would not need to get new key code.

900$

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 am
The sensors are not included just the capability

Return to General Discussions