Anyone used the Bendpak Quickjack on SRF?

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 pm
Thinking this could make maintenance a lot easier at home and eliminate the PITA that is jack stand placement on this car (at least at the front). Anyone used one? If so which one - the 3500 or 5000? I'd really like to get the 5000 so I could also use it for my street car. Thoughts and reviews appreciated. thanks

Adam
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:24 am
Yes, I do.

I like its features - store-able, small footprint when away, quick setup. I wish you could "drive up on it." Then it would be perfect. Then I'd mount it on the trailer for track use.

I use 4 RaceRamps (in front of each wheel) to get enough height to get the QUICKJACK under the car. Also wish (at times) it would go higher. But is good enough to get under with a creeper, and little to do under there with a full belly pan! I have used it in standard alignment (with the fore/aft centerline), and am going to try the 90 degree option to mount car on a set of chassis stands.

The many tubes of the SRF chassis make it easy to place under the car. Pulling the engine is still a PITA, and the QUICKJACK is little help there.

The 3500 is enough for my Corvette, but might be a stretch for the SUV. But I do have a floor jack too.

I like it.

Cheers - Jim
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:14 pm
Thanks to your input Jim. Seems like a great product, and the jacking wheel dollies I use to move the car around the garage would give me that extra inch I need to clear. Looks like the 3500 is perfect for the SRF but the 5000 won’t fit. But my pig of an Audi daily weighs close to 4000lbs so I’m torn about spending $1200 for this that I can’t use on both cars.

Return to General Discussions