All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:27 pm
https://jalopnik.com/the-first-houses-are-going-up-at-the-site-of-the-histor-1832209109
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:11 am
"Everything dies, baby, that's a fact, but maybe everything that dies someday comes back." My first year racing an SRF was 2007. In May of that year the race on Memorial Day weekend at TWS was called, "Last Chance" because we thought that TWS would be closing. The last race at TWS was actually on Memorial Day weekend of 2017. Not bad: 10 years more than we had hoped at a great race track. It's sad to think that TWS has drifted into the "ghost tracks" club. COTA pales in comparison.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:09 am
Sad to see any track go down for whatever reason. Much of our old drag racing tracks met their demise due to encroachment of housing developments.
Though not as famous as TWS, I hope our local track in Oho, Nelson Ledges, aka, NelsonRing (Thanks Mr. Walsh) does not die off as a SCCA track. My last regional there was in June, 2014 and it has since been purchased and is in the process of renovation and hopefully, SCCA certification. SCCA officials would do us all a great service to help in any way to keep these venerable tracks. NL used to have 3 Nationals a year there as well as many many regionals. Paul Newman raced there!
Let's keep what we can and improve what we have!

PS What happened to Pocono on any schedule?? Come on NNJ Region!
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Fick: I'm counting on you to keep NL going until I can return!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:48 am
It's up to the new owner and what I hear, he wants us back. NeOhio and Mahoning Valley Regions are actively working with him. It is a great 2 mile road course with lots of history and hopefully not all in the past...
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm
Sad to hear about TWS. That was a fun track! Ran my first race there in 1979. Had hoped to get back before it closed but it was not meant to be.
Sometimes Life it what's happening while your making other plans.
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

Return to General Discussions