Watkins Glen .... thank you

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:24 pm
If you weren't at WGI this weekend, this post isn't directed at you.

If you were there, I just wanted to thank everyone who was at Watkins Glen and managed to avoid me at S/F yesterday. Especially the top 10 or so, with special call outs to John Black, Calvin Harris, Mike Miz, Todd Harris, TJ Acker, and Sandy Satullo. There may have been others who took evasive action before I could get to the grass but again, I thank you all.
That was probably the most nervous/worried/scared I've been in a race car.

I also have to thank Tony Newsom for a great car and for a ton of help changing out the clutch on Saturday (spline was smooth as glass) and then again rebuilding the car after the race Sunday. Southeast Spec Racer is a class act and will give you a car that can win any race at any track, any time.

It was great seeing all the west coast guys that I so rarely get to run with. Safe travels home, gents!
Thanks again!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 pm
We are glad you are ok Denny! What is another “miracle” this past weekend is NO full course yellows both days! With 55 drivers it would have been a safe bet we would have at least one each day. Kudos to everyone for that...
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 pm
Not a profitable weekend for Ficks Fiberglass? I did see Reed's nose headed your way, but you
probably already had that figured into the weekends budget... Crazy finish Sunday, cars in the wall and
fiberglass bits and pieces scattered around start/finish, coming out of 11 all I could think was "What the
hell happened here?!". Congratulations to Denny for the win against a super tough field.
Now show us some video please !!

Jeff Lehner

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:01 pm
OK, for those of us non-racers that still follow this forum, anyone want to give a quick overview of what happened? Gotta say, I'm sure curious. Denny is not one to sound an alarm, so if it got his attention, it must have been interesting.

Sounds like whatever happened, disaster was avoided, which is great. Glad everyone's OK.

Thanks,

Dave

Return to General Discussions