Peter Jank - Sprints crash

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm
I feel very fortunate to have not been involved in the wreck as I was only about 10 seconds in front of the incident at the time.

Get well Peter, and we hope to see you back on track soon!

Scott Rettich

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm
Peter,

We are both no longer out there but have enjoyed racing with you.

Glad you are on the road to recovery.

Get better soon.

Theresa & Ruben Garcia
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 am
Many thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. It really means a lot. Thanks for helping my dad out as well.

I have no memory of the accident which, from what everyone tells me, is likely for the best. All I do remember is having dinner with Beau, Bill, and all the Elite gang Saturday night then waking up in a hospital Monday morning.

They are taking very good care of me up here in Neehah. I can feel the progress each day and look forward to racing with you all again.

Peter J
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am
Peter: We haven't raced together (yet) but I'm glad to read your post and know that we will! Best wishes and strength to you and your family.
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:21 pm
Look forward to being back on the track with you in the future. Keep healing Petecee and I will see you after the 24 hours of Lemons at Buttonwillow!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:41 pm
Good news, Peter! Keep it up!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:09 pm
Wow, that was a big one.... Peter, hope you have a quick recovery. To all the others involved, glad you guys are OK.
Mick Robinson

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:02 pm
Great news- good luck at the Rehab hospital- hope the physical terrorists get you going fast- I am a rehab Doc and know how hard they work you- will be good to get up

Just be glad you were in a SRF- a young driver was killed at the kink in a Skippy car a decade ago- spun and stopped sideways at the kink and was hit broadside- although our cars are not the prettiest- they are the safest!

just look at my photos from 2008 crash at summit point- car was shredded and I walked away.

quick healing- hope your concussion is minor- give it time, it takes time to recover-
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm
All,

Peter continues to make improvements day by day. He is out of ICU and now in the Orthopedic wing. Hope to have him transferred to an othropedic rehabilitation center closer to his home the early part of next week.

Thanks again for all the concern and support.

Regards,

Paul Jank

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 am
SRF Friends,
My family and I had the opportunity to go see Peter last week on our way back to Montana. He looks great and is in great spirits. The first question he asked was where he qualified and what his time was, which was good for a great laugh.

Peter, just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you a speedy recovery and can't wait to hear your voice through my earplugs again when we are on track next spring.

Paul, love to know how buttonwillow worked out for you.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions