Race Track For Sale!!!!

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am
Grattan Raceway is for sale. The owners built the track waaaaay back when (mid 60’s?) and want to get out from under it. It’s a fabulous, old school facility and deserves a new owner who WON’T turn it a golf course or condos. Grattan’s not famous but it’s a kin to Summit Point, Blackhawk Farms, Hallett......non pro, family run, great tracks with lots of charm and character.

Truth be told, it could use some TLC and a couple of suspicious fires upon purchase. The buildings need to go so they can be replaced by new structures without leaky roofs, real power, etc.

http://www.grattanracewaypark.com/

Dayle

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am
Like you, I hope somebody buys it and cares for it. A fun place to race.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 am
The new owners (now going on 19 years ago I guess) did some amazing things with VIR so it can be done if someone puts their mind and wallet to it. I remember what VIR looked like when it closed in 1973--you had to drive around the pot holes and if you went off coming out of Oak Tree you went off into the corn. It now looks as good as Watkins Glen IMHO.

And for that matter Summit Point is miles from where it was say 20 years ago too.

Return to General Discussions