ENGINE FULL OF GAS!!

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 pm
Well I posted this same issue last summer, same cylinder - one day running, the next fuel pouring out of the headers and backfiring running on three cylinders, called Mike D and we went through a series of diagnostics like switching the C4 plug to C3 and see if it does the same thing, which it did. Enterprises fedEx'd a new ECU and problem solved. My fuel pump did not stay on if the master was off but once the ignition was - fuel poured out.

No problems since.

I did post this last year.

A bulletin would be wise at this point.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am
Thanks for your post also Bruce. Now I feel even more concerned that this problem has been out there for that long. And for those who have not posted the same issue, you need to contact Enterprises for not only a bulletin, but what is the long term, fix. We supposedly had a final version installed and sealed on our ECU's, but with this serious issue out there, a fix is way past due.
Look at the robust Ford ECU we had in our Gen2's with minimal issues to my knowledge. If our ECU's are subject to vibration, heat or whatever aiding in this type of failure, then our supplier needs to address this. Fuel pouring into cylinders, sumps, oil breather, throttle body and God knows where else, someone is going to eventually get burned, hurt or possibly killed. Communication.... A sore subject once again.
Mark Fick

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 pm
Ok, lets assume this problem is not going to go away and that there is a very good chance it might happen more frequently with use.

My initial concern was cost to neutralize the problem. I am way past that at this point.

My next concern was limited to identifying the symptoms, when starting the engine, which most if not all have indicated is when they experienced the failure. Ok I am good to go there.

So now the question is, what happens if the failure ocurrs, when we are on the track under power? My guess is that should be addressed.

Pat
Last edited by goolsbey on Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 pm
649 views and only a handful of comments by drivers? Guess silence speaks to lack of concern.

Pat
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3