CAN connectors

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:00 pm
So on my harness the round is labeled Data and the orange/yellow is labeled Dash yet the picture in the manual I see neither, but I see a 3rd one labeled data. I asked for the 4.3 Bosh interface for an Aim or CDS system. I guessing their both kind of the same, but haven't called Enterprise to ask the question yet. What do I have? Push the slider down to see the round.
Attachments
Gen3 data pic.jpg
Data/dash plugs
Gen3 data pic.jpg (70.97 KiB) Viewed 6721 times

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 pm
The upper connector is a Deutch DTM 6S (mating connector would be a DTM 6P).

The round connector is the Tyco Electronics (TE) connector with the CAN bus & power that I provided the pinout information. Thank you Peter Kelley for encouraging the necessary folks to do the right thing, and keep it common with another SCCA club racing setup.

I would be interested in what the pinout of the "Dash" connector is, please post that if you find out.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:50 pm
IDIOT ALERT. The orange/yellow is for the provided dash wiring harness. Believe it or not, I had it plugged in last week to check wire lengths but totally forgot about it!! I hope I can find my way back to the track in the next few weeks before I forget.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am
The round connector with 4 pins labeled "Data" has the 2 CAN pins in it. Enterprises sent me its mate and the pins for the mate on request, so I just pinned the AiM EVO4 ECU pigtail for the CAN +/- on the mating connector from enterprises.

Enterprises will send you the pinout on request, too. I'd post it but this site won't let me upload the pdf.

Dash connector pins are:

1 Ignition
2 Tach signal
3 MAP switch DIG 6 In
4 Pit Speed Switch DIG 7 In
5 MIL Light DIG 9 Out
6 GND
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3