Random conversion questions.

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:54 pm
GregCirillo wrote:Well, she runs. It's probably TPS since I have to hold the gas pedal down to start and run the car. It sounds amazing. And I'm sure my neighbors agree!

When I finish my happy dance, I'll start researching the TPS issue.

Congrats, Greg!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:45 am
Great job Greg!!! If you think it sounds good in the garage, wait until you get it on track!!! :D
Dan

Formerly Teamwork Motorsports #99, Chassis #460
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:22 am
Sounds like you might have reversed the TPS configuration
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm
breton wrote:Sounds like you might have reversed the TPS configuration

I'm now thinking I wired something wrong. The car starts and runs with throttle manually held open, but a couple things suggest the ECU is not powered on when the IGN switch is on. The ECU light doesn't light, and the tuning software doesn't see an ECU. I'll have to re-check it the wiring diagram against my efforts.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 pm
Greg, are you getting any ECU data into the AIM dash, such as oil pressure, water temp, etc?
Dan

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:57 am
srf99 wrote:Greg, are you getting any ECU data into the AIM dash, such as oil pressure, water temp, etc?

Another clue. No, Dan. Unless the car is running, there's no ECU data on the dash. ECU is not powering up until I hit the ignition switch.

Separate issue: Mechanical fuel pressure was set at 45 lbs. and when running shows 36 lbs. on the AIM dash. Which do I believe?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:20 am
If I remember correctly I can access the ecu with the PE software, but nothing displays on the AIM dash until the engine starts, I think. However when tethered thru the usb in the RS software you can see some live data in the setup screen without the engine running.
When the pump turns off is where you want to set the pressure. When running the pressure will drop into the 30s when below or around 3000 rpm. At higher rpms it pops up to 45lbs. That info is direct from Mike Davies, because I had the same question.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 am
GregCirillo wrote:
srf99 wrote:Greg, are you getting any ECU data into the AIM dash, such as oil pressure, water temp, etc?

Another clue. No, Dan. Unless the car is running, there's no ECU data on the dash. ECU is not powering up until I hit the ignition switch.

Ignition switch of the start button? When I flip on my ignition switch, I start getting data from the ECU before the engine is started.
Dan

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:45 pm
srf99 wrote:
GregCirillo wrote:

Ignition switch of the start button? When I flip on my ignition switch, I start getting data from the ECU before the engine is started.

As I recall the ECU hot lead is connected to the ignition switch.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 pm
srf99 wrote:

When I flip the ignition switch (not the start button) the fuel pump hums, and the AIM dash lights up. It does not display any engine data. When I start the engine, it does show engine data.

I can't get the PE software to read the ECU. It say "No ECU Found." So it is possible I've got the ECU wired wrong and it's not active when the ignition is switched on?
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3