Random conversion questions.

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 pm
Does anyone have any more specifics on the "Performance Electronics" software needed to adjust the TPS? I think I've found the vendor web site, but cannot tell which application would apply, and if it can be downloaded .
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 pm
Greg: on your ECU, there were shortened directions that have you set the closed and open portions of your throttle, much simpler than was in our manual. Then the first time your run the engine up to temperature, you don't touch the throttle, just let the system and throttle "learn". Unless you are an expert on our software, you can get into more trouble than it's worth from what I have been told by several CSR's. And someone correct what I have been told, the latest mapping is password protected (version 37). Hope that helps. If you are having TPS issues, which some our old throttle bodies have some, contact your CSR.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am
If you need it, here is a link to the latest PE operating system software as of 07/01/2015. I believe it will allow you to set the throttle but I haven't tried it. You will still have to get the latest map from your CSR.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... IUZlXo8&e=

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:59 pm
HI Gregg,

I just did this last week.

I received the link to the software and map from Enterprise. I can forward you the email if you like. My email is frank@frankvalente.com But I would definitely have an "adult" walk you through the steps. Once I had the software on my laptop, the process only took a few minutes. Frank
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 pm
FrankValente wrote:HI Gregg,

I just did this last week.

I received the link to the software and map from Enterprise. I can forward you the email if you like. My email is frank@frankvalente.com But I would definitely have an "adult" walk you through the steps. Once I had the software on my laptop, the process only took a few minutes. Frank

I'll try the method on the sticker that came with the ECU. I can always have a CSR flash at my next race.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:22 pm
Greg, I can't recall if it is ithe manual, but before setting idle, be sure the throttle cable is just slightly slack at idle. While the ECU is in learning mode, and you while you're not touching the throttle, the engine rpms will rise and fall for some time, do this until the water temp is over 180. Ear plugs highly recommended. For the neighbors, also.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:02 am
The sticker that came on the ECU says to cycle the TPS from full open to full close. Does that mean to cycle the throttle from full open to full close? That I can do. I have no clue how to cycle the TPS. :oops:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:31 am
I'm trying to do my first start-up on the Gen3 and have a problem.

With the master on and ignition switched on, I hear the fuel pump run a few seconds. I press the start button and it fires for an instant but does not run. It'll do this as many times as I want to try it, but with no difference.

I'm guessing a fuel issue. Anyone else experience this?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:50 am
I had that with an old version of the ecu program that came with my engine. No problems with the newer software. Did you set the fuel pressure before you fired it up? The fuel pressure needs to be around 45 psi with the pump running.

DaveP
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:20 pm
Well, she runs. It's probably TPS since I have to hold the gas pedal down to start and run the car. It sounds amazing. And I'm sure my neighbors agree!

When I finish my happy dance, I'll start researching the TPS issue.
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3