2-place Spec Racer pictures?

All things specracer!
Former Specracer National Champion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm
The first time I saw a two-seat Spec Racer, actually a Sports Renault at the time, was in St. Louis for the first SR festival. It was used to take a few laps of in-traffic-in-car video, (a big deal back then), using a passenger who held a camera. I think the video was later played on what back then was called the Speed Channel. I haven't seen one for a long time and am curious if someone who has or had one, (I think there might be a grand total of three or four?), would post some pictures with the body on and off. The subject is stuck on my brain and I am curious how the chassis and bodywork were modified.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 pm
I haven't been around that long - but have looked at and for the work Fenske did. He made some HUGE modifications to the Sports Racer/Renault chassis and part of it was a 2-seat conversion. An example of one was recently on Racing Junk. It has been modified with an EcoTec engine - turbo to boot.

Does that help? or search for : Turbo Ecotec Sports Racer

I for one am quite happy with the single seat -- but much of the other mods - lower side pods he did, intake changes for radiator, and the body mold split. He also did some major suspension work - new custom uprights as shown in the advert (As I recall).

Cheers - Jim
When I used to fly, I was called an AVIATOR.
Now, I race cars. So, am I called a PAVIATOR?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks, Jim I'll take a peek. Still, if anyone has body-off chassis shots of the original SR 2-seater I like to see them.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 am
As I recall at the 25 year anniversary event there were two 2 seat spec racers. I believe one was Mike Davies car. You might want to reach out to him.
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 pm
Jim, if I remember correctly, the 2-seater at the Sports Renault Festival was built by Mike Davies and Scott LaGasse. I don't have a photo but I remember it being there. Yes, as the previous post said, you might contact Mike.

Return to General Discussions