STORMS A CUMMIN AT TWS

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 pm
Erik Skirmants wrote:If I tell you what they are, you will feel what you think you feel...if I let you try them, you will feel what the car actually tells you is reality...just try them...please.

...or as my crew tends to put it: "Just shut and an drive. We'll let you know what we did after the session."

H.(blind faith)B.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:51 pm
Erik Skirmants wrote:If I tell you what they are, you will feel what you think you feel...if I let you try them, you will feel what the car actually tells you is reality...just try them...please.

Oh no, the rumors are true: they really are worn-out tires from Enterprise rental Nissan Sentras!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 pm
Does this forum have a "like" button for Ed's comment?
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm
Enjoy the rain, folks. I've been given a medical NO-GO due to the weather. Darn that convention, the track was perfect last weekend!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm
It's wet here!!!
but I saw stacks of mounted new rains whenI dropped off my wheels tonight.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm
Erik Skirmants wrote:At the expesne of a future event....Goodyear will have 98 rains tires on site (after 18 arrive Friday from Florida), for the 94 preordered.

As Chris points out so well, only in SRF could the community solve its own problems...and I am sure it would have...but now it looks as though that is not necessary (for TWS that is).

Lucky guys having tires. Friday afternoon at vir and no tires are here yet.
Joe Cooley
Circuit Motorsports

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm
Just a first impression talking to my one guy who braved the elements, Keith Verges. Thought the tires were great. The temp was around 48' with drizzle. He ran about 15 minutes. One concern is that he grained them in those conditions... Hopefully it is a first cycle problem, and they will be OK for the future.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm
I have been out for two sessions today...the AM was not nearly as wet as PM; there were light grey spots on the track, afternoon was solidly wet with rain coming down. Althought I spun 4 (!) or more times (gotta test the limits) I thought the tires were fine. Not the killer super stickies of the last, but solid, once they get a little heat. And none of the surprise spin stuff going through puddles. You need more touch to drive the car than the prior tires, but that is OK. Overally, no complaints from me.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:26 am
I agree with Keith and Steve. I ran the second session only (and wasn't quite as quick as Keith) but I was pleasantly surprised by the way the tires handle. I got borderline ruined by having my first rain race experiences on A008's. I lost count of how many times I spun driving down a straightaway from hydroplaning. After that, I just chose to rarely run in the rain again. Now with the previous set of GY super-rains (only ran a good set at the Sprints this past year ... wow) and the current set, I think I finally understand what a car is supposed to feel like in the rain. Much, much more enjoyable.
I would prefer to have a dry weekend because TWS pack racing is awesome in the dry, but at least with GY rains, including this new set, I don't feel like the moment I leave the banking and hit a spot of standing water that I'm going to swap ends 4 times before ending up in the grass. Been there, done that.
No mas. :)
Here's hoping the next two days feel as good. It looks like we're going to see at least as much rain as today and Keith's best lap this afternoon was almost 30 seconds off a dry pole time in cold temps.
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:20 am
Erik Skirmants wrote:Does this forum have a "like" button for Ed's comment?

No "like" button, Erik, but feel free to rebuild my engine to the top of that "special" window when the time comes.

Ed (One post ahead of Hal B.) Cavalier
(At least I'm ahead of someone at something! I won't be ahead of anyone at TWS this weekend :( )
Previous

Return to General Discussions