Sears Point Dbl. Rational with Test Day

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm
July 6th thru the 8th with a full test day on the 5th, it's the SONOMA SPRINTS, our only chance to drive Sears this season. And its a Rational, if you need National points.

Here is the San Francisco Region link: http://www.sfrscca.org/component/option ... ,1/cid,22/

It has event schedule, supps, and you know the drill with Motorsports Reg for on-line registration. Test Day registration is at the track, usually five session.

We are trying very hard to get out of Region racers and their families, which is always difficult because Sears Point gives US the date, not the other way around and they only give us one weekend. We know there will be date conflicts, but this is always or most sought after and well attended track. The Region web site lists local hotel deals we've made, and hey, it's in the middle of the wine country, with practically no tourists in July (...well, some maybe) plus you can come early and catch the 4th fireworks over the GG Bridge, the killer restaurants in the Sonoma Valley, redwoods, etc. There are a few places to eat in San Francisco also.

We work hard to keep up that SF Region reputation of staging a friendly and quality well run event. Turn 10 awaits, we hope to see you there,

tony

Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:19 pm
MBI is bringing 7 for sure, maybe 8 cars. Thanks to Johnny T and the Oregon boys, they alerted me about this event when we were at T-Hill in March. Are all the San Fran people planning on attending since it is a "rational"?

If there were 40 at Laguna, will there be 50? That will be a busy track!

I think 2004 was the last time I was at Sears and I am looking forward to getting back there

-Mike Miserendino
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:33 pm
Mike,

we should have a very large local turnout; its traditionally the most popular event with our drivers plus we only get it once a year. And this year both Cal Club and Oregon are free that weekend. I'd love to be able to say we were able to do that by design, but contrary to popular belief, Regions seldom have that sort of latitude in scheduling, and its a pure piece of good luck.

Yep, could be 50. And good news on a couple of fronts. First, Spec Racer Ford numbers are off and we want to keep it as a one class run group (there is a chance Group 5 - mostly IT may hit the track limit and turning away entrants is a very bad thing to have happen) and secondly, being practical, the Sears track per day rent is a staggering number and it takes big fields to reach break even....and big fields with new faces are fun.

Great to hear Cal Club has so many coming up! Oregon, how' bout you guys?
tony

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm
There will be a number of the Oregon boys down there (for sure Todd Harris, Steve Fogg, and myself). Glad to hear the MBI crew is coming! Nice work Mike! Looking forward to some good times! 8-)

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 pm
oooook, where is everyone? We are inside 2 weeks and there are 22 cars signed up, half of which are either Oregon or So Cal people

SM, SMT, SSM, STM, SMMMMM or however many "spec" miata classes there are has 60, yes 60! We are getting embarrassed! :lol: :oops:

This is the only SCCA trip to Sears Point all year and it is the first time you can run it as a National in 6? 7? 8? years. Come on people, there is no trophy or Goodyear certificates for signing up last!

See you at the track :D

-Mike Miserendino

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:34 pm
I for one cant wait! Never been there before. hope we see at "least" 40 cars. Let's go SF region...start signing up!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 pm
Mike, Johnny, fear not. For some weird laid back Bay Area reason, everyone in SRF seems to wait until the last minute to charge the card.

For group 7 SM there is a limit of 70 for this event.

tony
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm
Tony,
It is a cash management issue. For some reason our region will not allow us to register and then pay as late as the day before registration opens. I know of at least 4 other regions that allow this option.
As soon as I finish here I am registering. So see you there. Glad you have an engine.
Bob
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm
OK, I'm officially worried. Group 6 with Spec Racer as a single class is - as of this morning with less than a week to go- the lowest entry run group. SM is now oversubscribed with 71, which means maybe turning away entries; even wings and things and the open wheelers are better attended.

On a positive note, the event will pencil to break even at 260 total entries, so that's sort of looking as a likely probability. On a negative note, total entries for all events to date in 2012 across all classes are down exactly by 199, and it was hoped Sears would help close the gap. I'm still hoping.

tony
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm
Tony for what it's worth, up here we are seeing literally ~50% of our entries coming in less than a week before the events. Not good for planning purposes!!! Our Resgistrar says she's heard similar elsewhere.
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region
Next

Return to General Discussions