Current Simulator Game

All things specracer!
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 pm
Been a few years since I tried iRacing. Even after their major update to the gen2 I found the car to be difficult to drive. Can anyone weigh in on what the closest game/car is to a gen3 these days?
Ted Wentz
NEDiv #21
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:38 pm
I remember in rFactor that we had an SRF league with various other drivers via apexspeed. If I remember correctly I think it was developed with some help of drivers. I am unsure if it has been ported over to RFactor 2 or not.

Was never really much of a fan of iracing. For the amount of money you spend on content and subscriptions and stuff it felt rather cheap, and don't even get me started on the car sound files. I haven't sim raced in a while due to my old tower power supply crapping out and its been so long I need to build a new system now. Hope this helps.
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:20 pm
Indeed, the iRacing Spec Racer is an un-driveable slug.

But there is a workaround: the iRacing Skip Barber open wheeler. Yes, it's a winged formula car on street tires, but it can be set up to perform and feel very close to a GEN3 car. I worked with the owner of Crimson Simulation in Norwalk, CT to set up a Skippy car up to act like a GEN3, and it comes close enough to be a very realistic SRF GEN3 practice car.

You'll need to fiddle with the car's chassis set up to dial it in. I can't recall the settings off the top of my head.

Try it!

Return to General Discussions