New Midwest SpecParts Web Page

All things specracer!

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm
Hi All,

I have spent the last 6 months building a labor of love e-commerce page to replace my old one which was becoming sort of a dinosaur. In the last couple of years I could not even load a product image. I consider this store to be way more than a shopping experience and more like a resource tool. As time allows I am including editorial descriptions on parts I think need more than the typical description but more of a technical one. I try to update this on an almost daily basis. One new thing I added is the SCCA Enterprises part number so if someone is inclined to not purchase from me they can use proper part numbers to buy from their own CSR. That is not to say I do not want your business, I am trying to make this useful for all. Browse around a little and you will find things in categories that can be drilled down to sub sections making it easier to find exactly what you are looking for. In some sections I have a sub category that shows only the hardware used on the parts in that section. I am still working on that feature for some of the sections. You can not only use the categories and sub categories to find something. Try using the powerful search tool.

The checkout and shipping modules are current state of the art allowing you to use your choice of UPS or the Post Office. In many cases the Post Office is cheaper but sometimes not as reliable in tracking and on time delivery. The shipping calculator uses weights and measurements that nest parts together in a box to more accurately estimate shipping cost. I still reserve the right to adjust that cost which should be less in most cases. We will find out in time. The payment gateway I have chosen is PayPal which is super secure and I never see or store your financial information.

There is even a smart phone optimized view of the page which automatically shows up if you log in on your phone. That view can be switched to standard by clicking on something at the bottom of any page and switch back in the same way.

Click on my revised ad in the header of this site to see more.

Enjoy!
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm
I am introducing a Free Shipping coupon to the first 10 users that enter coupon code first_ten_over_500 at checkout for any order over $500.00 that ships by standard ground UPS or USPS.

I will advise here when all ten have been used.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm
Any new user who registers on my store by midnight Saturday July 30, 2012 my time will be given a $25.00 store credit by me first thing Sunday morning.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 pm
I am gradually migrating my primary web page in over the weekend and expanding content. Please excuse the non responsive links on the home page.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:07 am
I got 12 registrations yesterday so $300.00 in store credits have been issued. Thanks! One of the 10 free shipping coupons have been used, 9 left.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm
I really like the new site, much more modern.

The new features make it even more handy as a quick parts reference....
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 pm
what was really cool was finding the hidden 50% off coupon! Thanks Steve!

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm
what was really cool was finding the hidden 50% off coupon! Thanks Steve!

That was really nice of you SK. The website traffic made a spike that day and when I looked at failed search keywords 50% was at the top of the list. I should have thought of that!

On another note myself and most of the other CSRs should have sufficient supplies of fuel pump kits now to service your needs. That has been the most viewed item in the store so I expect it will be quite popular.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 pm
I was wondering what would happen! Look for my invoice for marketing consulting in your inbox!

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 am
I just finished uploading the sub components of the in tank fuel pump kit if anyone wants to get a closeup view of those. ;) Click my ad in the header of this forum.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
Next

Return to General Discussions