2nd Race at Sears Point Last Weekend

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 am
For those who are interested, here's a video of the start of the 2nd race at Sears this last weekend: https://vimeo.com/45473619. I'm further back in the pack so I don't know how it got started, but by the time I get there Steve Fogg is sideways in turn 2 and Tom Miserendino gets gathered up when the dodge-em games begin.

It was great to have the SoCal and Oregon crowd in attendance. 34 cars altogether with 15 running in the national group and the balance running as regional. Mike Miserendino took the first race and T.J. Acker took the second.

Rich Kenny
#33, San Francisco Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 pm
Lots of good racing, but my favorite was Mike, Todd, and TJ 3-wide in 7...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm
I agree Dave. I had a front row seat and flat spotted a tire as I was watching the action while entering turn 7 and completely missed the breaking zone.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 pm
btw...poor steve had a little help getting pushed sideways.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm
johnnyt23 wrote:btw...poor steve had a little help getting pushed sideways.

We have a few people that like to go three and four wide in the first turn after starts and have trouble backing it up...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:55 pm
yeah, only getting three turns in a race is never much fun, especially when you get spun (not sure why or whom it was exactly - possibly the guy that started behind me on the grid), get hit by two more cars while spinning, stop your spin perfectly (driver skill all the way...........haha) to be able to look at 25 more cars head on coming your way (missing you by inches). Good times.

Despite that incident, had a great time at Infineon. What a fun track to drive and race on. The Oregon boys will definitely be back; plus it's one of the few places we can actually get the women in our lives to come to.........amazing how a few wineries heighten's their love of racing..........

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 pm
I wasn't able to make the races at Sears. There are normally very detailed descriptions of the racing activity by Bob B. or Dave H. We need some of the details..

Doug

Return to General Discussions