New track in the Pacific NW

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:25 pm
Vimeo link is here: http://vimeo.com/46670255

First weekend for SCCA at the Ridge. Brand new track, facilities still under construction. The track mangement has done a wonderful job getting this far this fast! Lots of temporary/makshift for this first event, temporary timing locations, race control run from a motorhome, no starter stand, no paddock lines, but we made do and everybody left with smiles! Track is a blast to run!
http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

We were last race of the day and race started about 6PM so with overcast a little dark!

Double Regional race, we had 17 SRFs in our run group. This is first 2 laps giving you an idea of the course. 5th gear down the straight, T1 is breathe, drop to 4th, back on gas, down to 3rd and toss it into the hill and let hill catch you (like T9 at Thunderhill Raceway), hard on gas pop up over blind T3 on top, grab 4th, apex T4/5, drop to 3rd into T6 The Carosel which goes on forever, back up to 4th, tight into T7 and downhill onto the flat for braking, drop back to 3rd, out of 8A and 8, up the hill back into 4th, hard breaking for "The Thumb" T11 down to 2nd gear, up to 3rd for the short shute to T12, back up to 4th then hard on brakes as road falls away into the braking zone down to 2nd gear, sharp left downhill into T13, right to T14 still downhill, left T15 steeply banked and accelerating hard in 2nd, pop up to 3rd for T16 and back on the main straight and work back up to 5th gear. Todd Harris was 1:56 and change the rest of us were mid to high 1:56 to 1:58-59. 2.47 miles around.
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
865, 91, 3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm
Very nice Todd. How many tracks do you guys have up there now? Starting to get jealous, me being smug that I have four good tracks within three hours...

Looks nice. Did they do a lot of clear cutting to keep the trees back a good distance from the track?
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 pm
Rod, My understanding most of the trees had already been harvested, but they still had to clear the survivors out of the way. Great track - smooth. Blind turns, nice covered corner stations for the workers.
Took me about four sessions to get the track mapped in my mind, then I had fun. The town saw the benefit of the track when we invaded the local restuarants first night of the event.
NWR was nice and gave us our own run group and had to expand the run groups because of a large turn-out of very nice vintage cars, hence the late races Todd mentioned.
Even with having to live in the dirt it was a fun time and great racing.
Bob

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 pm
Looks like fun! That combo on to the pit straight looks really cool.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 pm
Nice video. Looks like a fun track indeed!

Return to General Discussions