Barber Reminder

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 am
Just a reminder that early registration for the Aug 31-Sept 2 Barber Double Rational closes next Monday (Aug 27) at noon. Besides featuring excellent racing this is a gorgeous facility that is very spectator/family oriented as well.

No test day, but Friday starts with a 20-minute practice session followed by two 15-minute qualifying sessions - one for Saturday's race and the second for Sunday. That day is "optional" in our pricing structure (an extra $100) but allows us to offer the GCR-required practice/qualifying time before the races. Yes, this is different than most regions do things but consider who the Atlanta Region Competition Director is!

Links to the Supps, Schedule, and Registration can be found at http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org.

Some of the Big IT cars have expressed the desire to be grouped with the Spec Miatas rather than SRF, and the Chief Steward has indicated it be a Thursday-before-race-weekend decision (gives us a chance to see "final" car counts). If they DO stay with SRF in Group 3 you'll get split-grid qualifying and a split start in the races.

Hope to see y'all at the track...

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm
Currently 39 entries in Group 3 (17 SRFs). So maybe a little restructuring to even things out makes sense. Maybe throw the ITA Miatas in with their SM cousins? Then again with 38 other cars you will never be lonely, and it should make for an exciting time.
Bruce Funderburg
SEDiv SRF #4
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:53 pm
I can't wait. I've been away from the track for almost 2 months. Got to have my fix!
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Return to General Discussions