Who will win?

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:15 pm
GSR00 wrote:What acctually happend to Denny? He got back on the track very quick.

Rumor has it he had to refuel.

H.(irresponsible speculation)B.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am
Clever, Hal ;). I had to explain that to Dalrymple and Blakely on the way back to Texas. They had some, ahem, more creative excuses for me to use...

Anyway, after abusing the curbs all week, my car decided to cut out one time and one time only coming on to the front straight. Unfortunately that's all it took.
I have an inordinately old transmission (like "wow, really?" old) and I incorrectly assumed that it was the problem, so I coasted to a stop up at the pit entrance trying to be the nice guy and get out of the way. Imagine my chagrine when I fired up the car, found I had a box full of functioning gears, and realized that I had to run pit speed alllll the way down the front straight to get back in the race. Ugh. I managed to run back up through the field to finish 18th, setting by far my fastest "no draft" lap at Road America in the process.
It was a great week and I'd love to go back sometime and try it again if the stars align. It seemed like Todd had just a touch more power than I did coming off the corners, just enough that I could keep in his slipstream but not get up under or next to him, so I was just cruising around, biding my time not sliding the car at all. When I was running third, we made up some ground on Scott and Brian, but I was thinking "ok Cliff, go on by me and let's see if we can pass them with you in front" ... right as he chose to do so. :) Unfortunately Todd decided to go with him so I had to back way out going into T5, but we caught them and were back in a 6 car conga line in less than a lap so it all worked out. Right up until it didn't (for me) :).
A great race by all involved. I thoroughly enjoyed half the race!
Denny

Return to General Discussions