Request for telemetry data

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 pm
Greetings all!

This is my first post as I'm not an active SRF racer but I am an SCCA member and club racer. I am involved with a highly-respected racing simulation company. We have an ongoing project to go back over the cars in our stable and make them as realistic as possible. We currently model the SRF but we are severely lacking in reliable on-track data. We have all of the technical specs of the car, the car was laser-scanned but we are receiving feedback from some active SRF racers that the on-track behaviour of the car is not as accurate as it could be. We would like to remedy that.

What we are in dire need of is on-track telemetry data; whether it be motec, traqmate, DL1, anything. We will be looking at terminal velocity, lateral G loads and working hard to match up the behavior of the car in-sim to the real telemetry data. We will be mapping corner-entry, apex and exit speeds, drafting effects etc. Even videos with on-screen mph, G-loads etc. would be hugely helpful. We are looking for any valid data.

All data will be treated in the strictest of confidence of course.

If you have anything to share please feel free to PM me. It would be much appreciated and you'd help bring the virtual SRF one step closer to the real one.

Thank you in advance for any and all data that can be provided.

Regards,
iRacer525

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 am
If I could get my STACK to work, you're welcome to the data, fwiw. LOL

Return to General Discussions