Congraluations to Cliff White

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 am
Great race by all the guys up front. Clean, hard, competitive (and sometimes cooperative) running by all.
Congratulations to Cliff on a well-earned victory!

BTW I had the opportunity to be on the podium with Cliff at a Super Tour race earlier this year. The podium ages went in this order: 41, 27 (Cliff), 19. Talk about feeling like the elder statesman. :) I realized then that I was 14 years older than Cliff but that he had been racing for something like 5 years longer than I have! He's a great driver and a good kid (yep, still feel like I have to call him that).
Congrats to Mark as well for helping him get to the front and stay there.
Last edited by Racer X on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am
Racer X wrote:BTW I had the opportunity to be on the podium with Cliff at a Super Tour race earlier this year. The podium went in this order: 41, 27 (Cliff), 19.

Got that beat...Super Tour Mid-Ohio, earlier this year: 27, 19 (maybe 20), 65. That would make me elder-er statesman.

I only raced with Cliff once, that I remember, back in 2002. That would make him 17? I don't think the last ten years made him that much faster...but a whole lot race craftier.
Congrats, B-B.
Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 am
Big congrats and THANK YOU to Cliff. He is constantly working on and thinking about every little detail regarding his car, driving, and data and this result shows it. Nice to see him break though and win the big one!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am
I want to add my congratulations to Cliff on earning his first National Championship. Well done!!
Also, congratulations to my Texas teammates, Denny & Keith, who drove so well at this year's Runoffs. Denny was challenging for a podium spot before his engine mysteriously died, necessitating a trip down pit lane. It re-fired, but all was lost. Keith drove to a fine 7th in his first Runoffs appearance in a SRF.

Kerry
SRF 81

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:20 pm
Chris Taylor wrote:
Funny story, I actually went to "Race Camp" years and years ago with Cliff at Atlanta Motor Speedway.... at least I think it was Cliff! How many Alabama boys race a gokart painted like their dad's SRF?

Even if I've got the wrong guy, congrats on the win... that was the best race I watched all day by a wide margin.

Suspect that was National Champion Cliff's dad...

Chris, I can't remember exactly when, but Cliff did race a kart at AMS. He has been racing since he was 5 - quarter midgets, karts, SRF. His quarter midget & kart were indeed painted purple like my SRF. This win I will remember like no other!!! What an awsome drive out of Canada Corner - his in car is just incrediable!!!
Wade
Proud Dad!!!
Previous

Return to General Discussions