Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:30 pm
Flames are cool.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:53 pm
Hal

Buy a log house in the woods and tell me you think flames are cool
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 pm
This is great timing since this week is Fire Prevention Week. I am a Fire Service Instructor 2 and train firefighters how to safely put out fires but I also teach fire prevention to residents of the area. Believe it or not, fire prevention is more important!

Current day fires burn hotter and faster than years ago because modern day furnishings contain man-made materials that burn much faster. You may have only minutes to evacuate once a smoke detector sounds, especially when the fire is larger than a wastebasket fire.

Mr. Demers’ message is an important one. All furnaces, woodstoves, vents and chimney flues need to be inspected before the heating season and if you feel you are not qualified to do it then contact a professional. The cost of having a fire can range from hundreds to many thousands of dollars and could include injury and death to friends and loved ones.

The best fires are the ones that are prevented by good fire-safe practices. Kids are taught about fire prevention in elementary school and from what I have seen, the kids end up knowing a good deal more than their parents. A good place for us to start is by clicking http://www.fpw.org so we can catch up with what our children probably already know.

Stay safe.

Doug Garrison

Return to General Discussions