Runoffs Top Three Engine Dyno Graph

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 pm
http://www.sccaenterprises.com/updates/ ... unoffs.pdf

As we have done most years since I have been here, we have received the top three Runoffs engines in Colorado and dyno'ed them for comparison. Same day, same dyno, same oil and very precise temperatues and processes. None needed to be detuned and as you can see the efforts of the engine team, lead by Shannon Snow, have done the job! Thanks also to Mike Davies who brought in the knowledge that helped Shannon add the finishing touches on the program. The additions of cam degree'ing and sealing have shifted the torque curves to line up even better. (Some of these engines pre-date that change, but many engines did not need to be adjusted...as you see here).

Many new engines built are equal to these, particularly after the very small improvments that occur during extended break in (we run them very hard and take that variable out as much as possible here first). No rebuilds are more than 1.5% / Hp below these. Frankly Shannon has a hard time releasing anything with more than 1 Hp below!
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:42 pm
Amazing as usual. I'd love to know, of the Top 10 finishers, what was the average TSO (time since overhaul/new) for their engines.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:14 pm
My engine was a rebuild that went in my car in January 2011. This year's Runoffs was it's 30th race and it still handles fine down the straights.
Scott Rettich
Alliance Autosport

Return to General Discussions