Circuit of the Americas

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:21 pm
The plan is March 8,9,and 10 , 2013. It will be that date or nothing. It is the only date available.
You are right it is SXSW 's 1st weekend. The track is on the Southeast of the city. about 10 SE of the airport. If I even thought I was going I would start the process of getting a room today. Check their cancellation policies. Most are very lienent to single customers. Don't try to block a lot of rooms that will create a call to the booking manager and the price will go up significantly. Search
Buda, Kyle, Lockhart, Bastrop, San Marcos, New Braunfels areas. A 25-35 mile trek to the track goes pretty fast at 70 mph on the interstate and highway 130 that leads to the track is 85 MPH. Call the desk of the specific hotel directly. I have checked many hotels and many have a lot of space at reasonable prices. But and this is a big BUT, all the online and travel agents are blocking rooms and those rooms are very expensive. The closer to Austin the higher the price. $500+ in downtown Austin, $3-400 near the airport. But I found $74 in Lockhart and one person found $88 in Buda. I will be publishing additional information on hotels later but I can't get stable prices nor block rooms because that alerts the booking managers. There is one brand new MicroHotel in Buda that has quoted and "SCCA" code rate of $139 but one driver called and got it for less without mentioning SCCA. Once again I worked with the Booking Manager and they came down from $230 for us. They are however the Headquarters hotel for the event. I am already working for next years date . It will not be during SXSW.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:38 pm
If this happens I'm in for sure! I'm sure many from SE will make the I-20 drive!
Tray
SRF3 7 - Atlanta Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:11 am
For anyone coming that have never been to the area - I recommend staying on the Riverwalk in San Antonio - it is worth the extra drive. The walk is crowded but still a great experience and many great places to eat.

Erik - any thought s of trying to include an SRF Festival type race at COTA if it happens?
Previous

Return to General Discussions