VIR and Goblins Go Regional

All things specracer!
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 pm
Last weekend, I had the opportunity to make it down from Ohio to the Goblins Go Regional at VIR. First let me say the amount of racing we received in SRF with three enduro races and one regional was fantastic. Prior to the last qualifying on Saturday, I was so exhausted from driving and working on the car all day, I didn’t even want to get back in the car. This was a first for me. The track was everything I heard it was and the region put on a great event. We even got lucky with the weather! :D If you are looking for an end of the year event at a great track, give this race a try. There were over 20 SRF’s signed up for the various events and the racers I ran with were all fun and clean to run with.

I really wrote this post to thank Steve and Joelle Pence for their support during the weekend. When they were up in my neck of the woods last year they told me what a great event and track VIR was and suggested I attend the event in the future. During testing both Steve and Joelle allowed me to follow them around and offered driver critique all day Friday to help me get up to speed quickly on the new course. They went over the top to help a fellow SRF racer out, which allowed me to have some fun on race day. I would still be trying to figure out where hog pen was if not for them. Most of you that have raced with them already know what great individuals they are and how much they do for SCCA and SRF. I just wanted to publicly thank them for their help.
Dave Lancaster
SRF # 44 Great Lakes Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Thanks for the kind words Dave. We were just doing for you what Hal (really cool guy) Briand did for us at Grattan and Scott Goolsbey did for us at Road America. More people driving faster equals more fun!

Glad you loved VIR and our Carolina folks! How can you not?

Steve

Return to General Discussions