Runoffs In Car footage

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 pm
This is my first run with new software and I havent cleaned it up completely but wanted to get something out to all of you. For the purists, I will have engine only audio without music coming soon. I know the music wont be everyone's cup of tea, so if you mute, just make sure you listen to the song on the final lap....it's fitting. Video came from Todd Harris (rear suspension mounted go pro and side front view). Steve Fogg top front view and top rear view.....and finally my nose cam, top front and top back cams. Hope you all enjoy it.

PS. Todd's cams died before last lap :cry:

http://vimeo.com/53193818

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 am
Nice work... Excellent video! I enjoyed every minute of it and yes the soundtrack for the last lap is very appropriate! :D
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 am
Very cool! Enterprises should have a link to this video on their web-site.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 am
Great video! The music goes good, a little jumpy on my connection, maybe if you cut the sampling rate?
Bummer about Todd's last lap. That would have been classic. Video is a PITA in a race car, it always quits at the worse times. But when it works, it is worth it.
Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 am
Thanks...also my fist upload on Vimeo. Need to make some adjustments (sampling rate,etc) The DVD version looks much better...video looks grainy on vimeo.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm
Very nice and thank you JohnnyT! Was not sure it I saw your car among the 40+ down south?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 pm
Actually, I was thinking that you had a pretty good format for Vimeo. But I was watching in a window on my laptop.
My experience has been that you are better off having lower quality that a jumpy video. People will not watch a video that is not smooth, but don't qive a crap about quality if the content is there. I think the quality is fine for the length.
I would like to get a copy of the DVD and we will use it at the Auto Show and stuff...
Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 pm
Outstanding, Speed TV could not have done better.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm
Awesome Video! Should be mandatory for anyone thinking about racing in a SRF. Everything about SRF comes thru in the video: quality of racing, specness, and driver comraderie (loved the complimentary thumbs up) Great job.
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm
Jerry A. wrote:Awesome Video! Should be mandatory for anyone thinking about racing in a SRF. Everything about SRF comes thru in the video: quality of racing, specness, and driver comraderie (loved the complimentary thumbs up) Great job.

Thanks Jerry!
Next

Return to General Discussions