All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 pm
Dave,
Just a thought, but what about a "Videos" section on the site?
That way people could post links to vids (or direct vids if the capability is there, but I think most would just post links) from races, etc. and they wouldn't be lost in lengthy race weekend specific threads.
I'd love to be able to go to the videos section and just get a quick fix from some SRF action.
Is that doable?
Denny
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm
I'd suggest letting YouTube and Vimeo carry the videos (takes a lot of storage and bandwidth to host yourself), but another section on the board would be cool (along with "newbie" instructions on how to post to those sites and set up the links here.) to post your favorites (maybe even "stickies" for each track. Personal preference is Vimeo as they don't tend to over-compress, and if you want to impress your friends you can sign up for a nominal fee to post up high def versions as well.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am
breton wrote:I'd suggest letting YouTube and Vimeo carry the videos (takes a lot of storage and bandwidth to host yourself), but another section on the board would be cool (along with "newbie" instructions on how to post to those sites and set up the links here.) to post your favorites (maybe even "stickies" for each track. Personal preference is Vimeo as they don't tend to over-compress, and if you want to impress your friends you can sign up for a nominal fee to post up high def versions as well.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking too.
Perhaps even a simple forum section where anyone could start a topic, say... "How to wipe out the cones at Texas Motor Speedway (by Kramer)" or "Clay catches air at TWS!" or "Rain sucks at Road America (by Stripling)".
Then they could post the link to the Vimeo or YouTube vid.

A quick "how to" would be nice as well, but not a necessity.
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 am
I have been working on something like that, but have been getting side-tracked.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 am
I have to say I REALLY appreciated Dave's support! Also the fact that the community does such a great self promoting job is truly awesome! Today I think I am finally starting on a real live update to our website...I should add that I am thankful for everyone being so kind about our site...by not mentioning it...because it really really sucks! We will work on ways to link here and to video's and photo's as we move from the last century into this one finally.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Return to General Discussions