COTA Super Tour Reports

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am
That would be ironic. Two weeks ago at the first National here at MSR Darryl won and his weight was between a couple of ounces and 1# low - but they let it go. Seems he pushed his luck a little too far. That is a waste of lots of time, energy & $ and too bad because he is a heck of a driver.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm
Waiting, not so patiently, for the video. Concur with Clay's comments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm
New to the SRF world, and had a great time running with this group. The DQ was a bit of a FUPA on my part. I knew we were going to be close on weight but the car had not been using much fuel all week. I guess when you run in the draft the entire race these things suck the fuel. We are almost completely dry in the tank...lessons learned....BTW, I learned a bucket full of lessons on how to get the most out of these cars in the turns from running with that group...interesting technique :)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm
I can think of several good drivers who got burned by weight early on.

Still a pretty impressive accomplishment, the trophy is probably the least important part...

Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm
Video on YouTube , search SRF COTA it's Kevin Fergson sat race

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm
Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_fIok98RU
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 pm
This is a better one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AfItLiwgpgo
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm
From SCCA:

"Because of the schedule adjustment, grids for Sunday’s races were set based on each driver’s fast lap in the first race of the weekend. That adjustment caught the No. 07 Ayres Racing Spec Racer Ford of Trey Ayres out following a DNF on Saturday. Despite starting at the rear of the 82-car grid, Ayres raced his way to 17th at the finish. Passing 65 cars earned Ayres the GoPro Hero Move of the Weekend and a GoPro Hero3 camera from the official camera of SCCA."

Best drive of the weekend awarded to a SRF...of course. AMAZING displays of talent throughout.

We did not need to run the GEN3 Sunday, point made and trying to make sure he was not effecting any race battles was not terribly fun for Mike D. Test days and ECU mapping next, and getting the other 13 kits together as soon as possible.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:33 pm
Here's my video from Sunday. First time using After Effects so I only made a few cuts to remove laps where I wasn't around anybody. https://vimeo.com/61548294

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am
What a great facility. Two things come to mind. One is how well the Region ran this event. Yes there were problems, but all in all they did a great job and were just wonderful to work with. They totally took care of us with friends and family that came for the races.

The 2nd thing that blew me away was how the track allowed us to be in places that few people will ever see. Because our race on Sunday was over early we watched two races from the 3rd floor over the garages in the boxes at start finish. I am not sure what they have to pay for this during F1, but it must be big bucks. You go up two huge stairs lined with red carpet and man the sound was awesome at the start of the FA race.

It was a long haul for us and many others but it was worth it. From what I gather not everyone liked the track. It is not the easiest track to learn but hats off to those that mastered it.

I have a nephew that is from Austin that came to the race. He had gone to each of the 3 days during the F1. The surrounding's around the track could be defined as scary. I told him it
must have been an eye opener to the foreign fans that drove past them entering the track. He said that many never saw it as they came in by copter.

If you needed a used appliance, lawn mower, tire, rim, 62 corvair convertible with no top, you could pick one up in the front yard of many of the homes within a mile of the track. What I did not see was any old couches out on front porches like when you go into Roebling. Hope this doesn't give them any new ideas!
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions