AIM steering angle sensor

Technical and Repair Discussions

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 am
Has anyone put the AIM steering sensor in those car? If so where did you install it? I haven't found a clean way to do it yet and am hoping for ideas. A pic would be awesome. Thanks for any input. - Josh

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 pm
While not an SRF install, there are a couple of pictures of AiM Steering sensors installations on this gallery page:

http://veracitydata.com/steering-sensor-installations/

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:56 pm
I have an AIM steering sensor installed in my spec. It is installed behind the steering shaft bearing using an L angle and is connected to the steering shaft with a small cogged belt between 2 pulleys. I will try and get some pictures. But the installation can only be seen with the center section removed.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:01 pm
Bob thank you. That is the area I am focused on. If I use the parts supplied (bracket, belt) in that area the belt is too short by about 75mm. I checked McMaster Carr and they didn't have a longer belt with the correct pitch. I thought about a different bracket but it will be very complicated for the way I'm envisioning it. There's got to be a cleaner way then I've come up with. If you could snap a photo from underneath I'd appreciate it. Doesn't need to be great, just enough to get me going. Thx again.

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions