Temp sensor question

Technical and Repair Discussions
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 am
Denny, that sounds like a waste of good oil :D Run the car and see which line is the hottest that is IN! There has always been a debate on which to measure, the temp out of the eng or the oil temp being used by the eng, IN. On my race V8 I measure the temp out with an alarm set at 250. :D SteveF which line is out of the eng?

My question, when I picked up my car I found the air intake hose to the oil cooler was missing? Is there a good reason for this, I plan on putting the hose on? Thanks Joel
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am
GSR00 wrote:Denny, that sounds like a waste of good oil :D Run the car and see which line is the hottest that is IN! There has always been a debate on which to measure, the temp out of the eng or the oil temp being used by the eng, IN. On my race V8 I measure the temp out with an alarm set at 250. :D SteveF which line is out of the eng?

My question, when I picked up my car I found the air intake hose to the oil cooler was missing? Is there a good reason for this, I plan on putting the hose on? Thanks Joel

Some people leave the hose off...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am
Hummmm? the engineer side of me is waking up!!! Air pressures and flow to the cooler,, air pressure flow from the vent vs the pressure in the side pod total,, and my cooler has the hose intake cover on which limits the air to the 3" intake area?? So seems if the hose is off the theory would be more air pressure in the pod than from the vent and then that says,, take the hose intake off the cooler.. or it is really cold out and the eng is running cold??? That process hurt,,

Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 pm
The typical flow of oil is out of the engine and into the filter then to the cooler. That does not mean your car is set up that way but it ought to be so the filter protects the cooler. To be sure the adapter on the block should have an arrow pointing out or a cast label that says out. Either way the out is the one that is closest to the edge of the adapter. Follow that out line to determine your oil flow path.
Steve Fenske
Midwest Spec Racer, Inc.
CSR for the Midwest Division
The original online SRF parts source.
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions