Electronic Scales - Stability of Weight Readings

Technical and Repair Discussions

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm
Denny, I thought you learned a lesson after last year at RA. I was actually thinking about you after looking at the front tires on our car. I make a mark after each heat cycle on the outside of the tires. There are 12 on our fronts. I suggest you run all your tires to 12 heat cycles from your normal 8. Then parlay the savings into scales.

Hal, you might be interested in these fronts. They still look good and no flat spots!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 pm
Pat,

Thanks! That was generous of you to share that info; some would want to keep that kind of stuff "secret".

Ed

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:27 pm
Ok Ed, here's the treasure trove: Pick up all of Carroll Smith's books: Engineer to Win, Tune to Win, Prepare to Win, Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners, etc. here:
http://www.carrollsmith.com/
Everything you need. Mr. Smith is the teacher. The engineer in you will enjoy the reading.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 pm
steve kramer wrote:Ok Ed, here's the treasure trove: Pick up all of Carroll Smith's books: Engineer to Win, Tune to Win, Prepare to Win, Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners, etc. here:
http://www.carrollsmith.com/
Everything you need. Mr. Smith is the teacher. The engineer in you will enjoy the reading.

Steve,

The only one that I don't have is "Engineer to Win". Always seemed like an oxymoron to put "Engineer" and "Win" in the same title. :D

Guess I should dust them off and actually read them again!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am
Hal, you should do your corner weights on the rims, no tires. But, then again, maybe your rims are bent. Better yet, maybe you should just forget about it and give me a sporting chance.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 am
Thanks! That was generous of you to share that info; some would want to keep that kind of stuff "secret".

Ed no problem. I just remember how frustrating it was when I first got our scales and were not able to repeat the results. Even after I was done I wasn't sure if they were accurate. Now that I look back I wonder how we ever won races in those days. We finally got it right at Mid-ohio during the runoffs one year and it paid off. Went from 2nd to last in the start to top ten in the race.
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions