Defective Clutch Warning

Technical and Repair Discussions
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 am
Enterprise is shipping Duralast part# NU1122 from their local AutoZone in place of the original Ford clutch.

The clutch disk drags inside the pressure plate cover and will not allow you to select a gear from neutral
Save yourself 6 hrs and find something else. :evil:

Also...They will charge you $197.50 plus shipping for this. (AutoZone price $122.00)
Dave Gills
#80 Red/Silver (chassis 504)
Pittsburgh, Pa.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 pm
I am the CSR in the southern part of the country and have been using these exact clutch kits since August of 2009. I checked my records and I have now installed 20 of them in various cars since that time with no problems. I had one kit that yielded a soft pedal but didn't slip or effect the ability to shift. In fact it is still in the same car and has been running for a year now with no issues and the driver is very fast and successful. I think maybe you just got a defective kit.

If you find anything you feel is better or more reliable, please let us all know on this forum. I tried many different options before landing on this one and it has proven to be the most reliable of all we have tested.

Thanks.
David Perkins

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 pm
and the late Steve Fenske (and Bo) installed one in my car at Hallett, in the heat, last year. No issues.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:41 pm
The last time we had a problem like that, it was the throwout bearing....
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions