Statement of Rights and ResponsibilitiesDate of Last Revision: October 17, 2011
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with SpecRacer.com. By using or accessing this site, you agree to this Statement.
SpecRacer.com is not in any way officially affiliated with SCCA, SCCA Enterprises or SCCA Pro Racing and remains a separate and private web site. SpecRacer.com as the unofficial special interest community for Spec Racer drivers, teams, race officials, vendors and fans. All views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the original poster which may not be shared by the owners, operators or moderators of the site.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information
Any information you share on SpecRacer.com becomes part of the public domain. For all content you post on this site, including content that is covered by intellectual property rights (i.e., photos and videos) ("content"), you specifically give the us as owners of this site the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on SpecRacer.com.
If you delete content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies and could reappear if we are required to recover system files from any backup. You also understand that any content downloaded from the site by others may persist forever.
When you publish content or information on the site it means that everyone, including people off of SpecRacer.com, may have access to that information and we have no control over what they do with it.
While we always appreciate your positive feedback or suggestions about the site, you understand that we may use any suggestions you make them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep SpecRacer.com secure, but we cannot guarantee security for your information or your access to SpecRacer.com.
3. Protecting Other People's Rights
4. Special Provisions Applicable to Shared Links
We give you permission to use links from your web site(s) to SpecRacer.com, including linking to specific forum messages. However, we make no promise that any such link will remain current for any period of time.
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. However you understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such. We reserve the sole right to place ads throughout the site.
6. Special Provisions Applicable to Links, Team and Driver Pages
Links, Team and Driver Pages are special profiles that may only be used to promote drivers, their racing experience and personal racing sponsor associations. Personal opinions, political or other social viewpoints are not to be included in the Links, Team and Driver Pages section of the site.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement or any other SpecRacer.com site rule, or disregard a directive of the site owners or forum administrators or moderators, or you decide to no longer pay for any fee-based portion of the site, we can stop providing all or part of SpecRacer.com to you. You may also delete your account or discontinue your Driver Page at any time, without refund of any prepaid service or other fees.
8. WE TRY TO KEEP THE SITE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE SITE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.